Aims and Scope
«Nanotechnologies in construction» is a peer-reviewed journal.
The main aim of the Journal is to provide information support for the process of invention and practical application of science intensive technologies (mostly nanotechnological products) in construction, communal and housing services, joint areas (industry, power et al.).
The main tasks:
– Providing scientists and specialists from different countries with the opportunity to publish the results of their research and receive information about modern technologies and materials, high-performance equipment in construction, communal and housing services, joint areas (industry, power et al.).
– To provide information support and participate in the events (forums, conferences, symposia, workshops, exhibitions,round tables etc) devoted to nanoindustry and problems of application of nanoindustry in construction and housing and communal services, which are perspective and of great importance.
The Journal has been published since 2009. Frequency: bimonthly.
Authors and readers
- students, lecturers, post-graduates and people working for doctor’s degree;
- scientists and specialists of research institutes and nanotechnological centers;
- heads and specialists of the institutions, organizations and factories from the sphere of construction and housing
- and communal services;
- scientists and specialists of the industries which are adjacent to construction;
- experts of the enterprise-producers manufacturing nanoindustrial output.
Chief editor – Boris V. Gusev, Dr. Sci. (Eng.), Prof., Head of Department «Construction Materials and Technologies» Russian University of transport, President of the Russian Academy of Engineering and the International Academy of Engineering, Corresponding Member of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Laureate of the USSR and the Russian Federation State Prizes, Laureate of 5 Governmental Prizes of the Russian Federation in the field of science and education, Honored Scientist of Russian Federation, Moscow, Russian Federation
Personal author ID:
Web of Science- J-3271-2017
Scopus – 7006276535
Scientific Electronic Library (https://elibrary.ru/) – 14638
Deputy chief editor – Leonid A. Ivanov, Cand. Sci. (Eng.), Russian
Academy of Engineering, International Academy of Engineering, Center for New Technologies «NanoStroitelstvo», Moscow, Russian Federation
Personal author ID:
Web of Science – J-3885-2017
Scientific Electronic Library (https://elibrary.ru/) – 876704
Executive editor – Yulia А. Evstigneeva, Member of Russian Association of Journalists, Moscow, Russian Federation
Head of design department – Andrey S. Reznichenko, Businessman, Moscow, Russian Federation
Сhief for foreign relations – Svetlana R. Muminova, Cand. Sci. (Eng.), Assistant Professor, Russian State University of Tourism and Service, Cherkizovo, Moscow region, Russian Federation
Address of edition: Russian Federation, 125009, Moscow,
Gazetny per., bld. 9, str. 4
Contacts: e-mail: email@example.com
Founder and Publisher
Center for New Technologies «Nanostroitelʹstvo», Korolev, Moscow region, Russian Federation
Contacts: e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Journal production schedule
Each article accepted by the Editorial Staff for consideration undergoes a procedure of reviewing. The journal implements one-sided blind review (the authors do not know the last names of the reviewers, the reviewers know the last names of the authors).
Following the results of reviewing, the article may be either rejected, or sent to the author for modification, or accepted for publishing.
The order of review:
- All materials presented for publishing undergo initial expert examination by members of the Editorial Board and then sent for reviewing.
- If the article publishing is rejected, the author is sent a reasoned refusal.
- In case of positive decision, the Journal’s Editorial Board and scientific editors select a reviewer with regard to the field of the presented work. The Editorial Board maintains a list of reviewers cooperating with the Journal. The reviewers are acknowledged specialists in the field of the reviewed materials, who have publications on the topic of the reviewed article.
- Reviewing is confidential. The author of the reviewed article is granted a chance to read the review text.
- Reviewing term is 3 weeks. This term is controlled by the editorial office, but may be extended in certain cases, if requested by the reviewer.
- To obtain maximally comprehensive and impartial opinion on the article, the editorial office has developed a reviewer’s card with a list of issues, presentation of which in the article should be estimated by the reviewer. Based on this estimation, the reviewer makes their opinion on the article further destiny:
- recommended for publication;
- recommended for publication after removing the comments indicated in the review;
- recommended to review it again after finalizing the comments indicated in the review;
- not recommended for publication (the reason is specified).
- If the review contains recommendations on the article modification, the Journal’s Executive editor sends the author a copy of the review with a proposal to consider the notes, when making a new version of the article, or deny them (fully or partially) stating relevant reasons. In case of minor notes of the reviewer, the article modified by the author is sent for repeated reviewing.
- The author is given 2 weeks to modify their article and/or provide reply to the notes of the reviewer and/or scientific editor.
If the author needs more time, they must (!) inform the editorial office thereof within the first 2 weeks. Please note that total time from sending of the notes to receipt of the modified manuscript version may not exceed 4 weeks.
This procedure is relevant for each stage of reviewing/editing.
- Total time of the manuscript preparation may not exceed 2 months.
- The manuscript may be withdrawn from consideration, if:
- The author fails to reply the reviewer’s/editor’s notes within 2 weeks from their sending;
- The manuscript is not submitted within 4 weeks from sending of the reviewer’s/editor’s notes to the author;
- Total time of the manuscript preparation exceeds 2 months.
In case of the manuscript withdrawal from consideration, the author will be notified by e-mail by the lapse of term given for modification.
- If the author and the reviewer have insoluble contradictions regarding the article, the Editorial Staff may send the article to another reviewer. In case of conflict, the article may be presented to a member of the Editorial Board for consideration, and the final decision in such situation is taken by the Chief Editor.
- The article not recommended by the reviewer for publishing is not accepted for repeated consideration. A notice of negative review and reasoned refusal are sent to the author by e-mail.
- Positive review is not a sufficient basis for publication of the article. The final decision on publication is taken by the Editorial Staff, and in case of dispute — by the Chief Editor.
As the Journal’s Editorial Staff decides on the article release for publishing, the author is notified thereof and informed on the Journal issue, in which the article will be published.
Open Access Policy
Our open access policy is in accordance with the Budapest Open Access Initiative (BOAI) definition. For more information please read BOAI statement.
The journal papers (metadata of papers) are available for free access at the journal’s website and at the websites of different citation systems (data bases).
The authors of the materials published in the journal permit using their content according to the license Creative Commons CC-BY «Attribution». This kind of license allows other people to distribute, edit, correct and base on the work of the authors, even with commercial purpose, while the authors mention them as co-authors. The license is recommended to distribute widely and use licensed materials. A transparency is a guarantee of high-quality research and innovations.
Contributions from the founder, sponsors, foundations, payment from authors or their organizations, payment for advertising or printing reprints. Payment by authors for publication or the status of refusal to pay does not affect editorial decisions.
Journal derives certain income from advertising or reprints, therefore the advertising policy of the Journal has been approved and its main principles are presented below.
Briefly, journals should require all advertisements to clearly identify the advertiser and the product or service being offered. Advertisements may not be deceptive or misleading. Exaggerated or extravagantly worded copy should not be allowed. Advertisements should not be accepted if they appear to be indecent or offensive or contain negative content of a religious and/or racial character.
Commercial advertisements should not be placed adjacent to any editorial matter that discusses the product being advertised, nor adjacent to any article reporting research on the advertised product, nor should they refer to an article in the same issue in which they appear.
Advertisements or endorsements of a product or company should not exceed 40% of the total content of the journal. Advertising materials must be marked “R”.
The content of special supplementary issues (if any) should be determined only by the usual editorial process and not be influenced in any way by the funding source or advertisers. Reprinted articles must be published as they originally appeared in the journal (including subsequent corrections); that is, there is no alteration or revision of articles for a supplement or reprint other than corrections.
Editorial decisions should not be influenced by advertising revenue or reprint potential. Advertisers and donors should have no control over editorial material under any circumstances.
Journals must have the right to refuse any advertisement for any reason. The decision as to acceptance should be made in consultation with the journal’s editor and editorial content team.
The information about new issue which can be viewed and downloaded is sent to companies, research and nanotechnology centers, authors, scientists and specialists all over the world.
At the end of the e-mail is indicated – «If you do not want to receive information about the issues of the journal – inform the editor». Those who do not want to receive information and report it to the editor will not be sent out in the future.