THE RESULTS OF THE SPECIALISTS’ AND SCIENTISTS’ RESEARCHES
Modification of aluminium alloys with rare metals – the basis for advanced materials in construction and transport
Author: Skachkov Vladimir Mikchaylovich, PhD, Chemistry, researcher of the Federal State government-financed research institution Institute of Solid State Chemistry of the Ural Branch .
of RAS; Pervomaiskaya str., 91, Ekaterinburg, Russia, 620990, e-mail: email@example.com;
Author: Yatsenko Sergey Pavlovich, Doctor of Chemistry, Professor, honored worker of science
and technology of the Russian Federation, principal researcher of the Federal State governmentfinanced research institution Institute of Solid State Chemistry of the Ural Branch of RAS; Pervomaiskaya str., 91, Ekaterinburg, Russia, 620990, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Extended Abstract: The method of process powder injection into aluminum melt shows much promise. Scandium is injected by the high-temperature exchange reaction between the salt melt and aluminum. The best salt compositions were selected. The results of the process are
considered to depend on the initial salts. A series of fusions was performed under production
conditions at the Kamensk-Uralskii metallurgical plant. It was shown that the injection method for production of aluminoscandium master alloys is technologically feasible. To protect intellectual property of authors, employees of the Institute of Solid State Chemistry, Ural branch of RAS (Russia) a patent «Method of alloying of aluminium or alloys on its basis» RU № 2534182 of 27.11.2014 was registered.
Key words: injection, aluminum, scandium, fluoride, chloride, salts, powder, alloy.
- Mondolfo L.F. Struktura I svoystva aluminievih splavov [Structure and properties of aluminum alloys]. Moscow, Metallurgy, 1979. 640 p. (In Russian).
- Yatsenko S.P., Pasechnik L.A., Skachkov V.M. Skandiy: poluchenie i primenenie [Scandium: synthesis and application]. Science and technology, 2015. No. 3 (15). P. 32–37. (In Russian).
- Belov N.A., Alabin A.N., Eskin D.G. et. al. Optimization of Hardening of Al-Zr-Sc cast alloys J. Mater Sci. 2006. No. 41. P. 5890–5899.
- Fuller Ch.B., Seidnan D.N., Dunand D.C. Mechanical properties of Al (Sc,Zr) alloys of ambient and elevated temperatures. Acta Materialia. 2003. V. 51. P. 4803–4814.
- Harada Y., Dunand D.C. Microstructure of Al3Sc witu ternary transition-metal additions. Materials Scien. a. Engineering. 2002. V. A. 329–331. P. 686–695.
- She. Jia, Y. Zman, Zh. Hu et. al. Experimental Study of Al-Zr-Y system phase equilbria of 773K. J. of Alloys and Compounds. 2010. V. 497. P. 118–120.
- Rokhlin L.L., Bogar N.P., Dobatkina T.V. et al. Issledovaniy bogatoy aluminiem chasti diagrammy sostoianiy Al-Hf [The study is rich in aluminum parts of a phase diagram of Al-Hf]. Metals. 2009. No. 3. P. 93–98. (In Russian).
- Filatov Y. A. Al-Mg-Sc-splavy dly svarnyh konstrukzii [Al-Mg-Sc-alloys for welded structures]. Technology of light alloys. 2004. No. 5. P. 13–19. (In Russian).
- Kazantsev V.P., Beketov L.R., Kudryavskiy Y.P. et. al. Perspektivi izvlecheniy skandiy iz rastvorov podzemnogo vischelechivaniy mineralnogo syria [Prospects for the extraction of scandium from solutions of underground leaching of mineral raw materials]. Nonferrous metallurgy. 2009. No. 1. P. 37–41. (In Russian).
- Chertovikov V. Problema v tom, chto vozim ne passajirov, a taru [The Problem is that we carry no passengers, and Tara]. Metals of Eurasia. 2007. No. 2. S. 28–29. (In Russian).
- Khokhlova L.B., Kolobnev N.I., Mikhailov E.D. Aluminiylitievie splavi dly samoliotostroeniy
[Aluminium-lithium alloys for aircraft industry]. Metallurgy. 2012. No. 5. P. 31–35. (In Russian).
- Ovsyannikov B.V. Novii aluminievo-litievii splav sistemi Al-Cu-Mg-Li(Ag, Sc), prednaznachenii dly izgotovleniy tonkih listov I profilei [New aluminum-lithium alloy of Al-Cu-Mg-Li(Ag, Sc), intended for the manufacture of thin sheets and profiles]. Non-ferrous metals. 2014. No. 11. P. 90–94. (In Russian).
- Ovsyannikov B.V., Yatsenko S.P., Varchenia P.A. et. al. Poluchenie aluminii-skandievih splavov metodom injekzii tehnologicheskih porosckov v rasplav [Obtaining aluminium-scandium alloys by injection of technological powders to the melt]. Technology of metals. 2011. No. 5. P. 23–29. (In Russian).
- Skachkov V.M., Yatsenko S.P. Poluchenie Sc-, Zr-, Hf-, Y-ligatur na osnove aluminiy metodom visokotemperaturnih obmennih reakzii v rasplavah solei [Preparation of the Sc-, Zr-, Hf-, Y-alloys based on aluminum using high-temperature exchange reactions in salt melts]. Non-ferrous metals. 2013. No. 12. P. 48–52. (In Russian).
- Kablov E.N. Bez novih materialov – net buduschego [Without new materials – no future]. Metallurg. 2013. No. 12. P. 4–8. (In Russian).